LicenseSpring allows the software vendor to send email notifications triggered by specific events to designated recipients. The content of these emails can be customized, as well as the sender email.
You can find the notification configurator in the vendor platform, under "Settings" > "Notifications"
The email notifications that we currently offer are:
- Order created - An order was created and order/license information is sent out by email
- License has expired - Expiration day of license is no longer valid, email is sent at 00:10 UTC
- License will expire - Email notification intended to inform recipients of a license that is about to expire. It can be configured to be sent at different time intervals. email is sent 00:10 UTC
- Assigned license user - A user was assigned to a license (user-based licenses only)
- Assigned license manager - A license manager was assigned to an order
- Payment method added - A user of the vendor platform added a new payment method to the LicenseSpring account
- Payment method removed - A user of the vendor platform removed a new payment method to the LicenseSpring account
- Charge succeeded - When the credit card on file in the vendor platform is charged, we can send out this notification to specified recipients.
- Invoice finalized - After successful charge in email is sent invoice notification to specified recipients
Each email policy will have slightly different configuration options. To edit the policy, click on the pencil on the row:
When editing the policy, you can select the following recipients (depending on the policy, some of these recipients may or may not be available):
- Customer, based on the email specified for that customer
- License user, for user based licenses
- License manager, if they are assigned to a given order
- Company users, as specified in the vendor platform
- Custom recipients, if you would like a certain email address to receive an email notification.
The "License will expire" notification allows you to send an email a certain number of days before the license expired to desired recipients. You can specify several days prior to expiry that you would like for the email notification to be sent out:
The logo that appears on the emails can be set under "Settings" > "Portal Configuration"
For content changes, click on the "emails" tab, and then select the notification you wish to modify.
Content that can be altered in the template:
- Message subject
- Fields (different fields are available depending on the email notification you are looking to send)
- Accent color