License users and/or license managers cannot update the customer details.
Currently possible only by using Management API here.
The intermediary user portal is accessible to those situated between the software vendor and the end user, enabling them to be identified and carry out their designated roles.
At the time of this writing, the user portal has been translated into English, Spanish, French and German. It can translate it into other languages upon request.
- Assign/un-assign users to a user-based license
- Issue licenses and create orders (used like a reseller/distributor portal)
- Reset licenses and devices
- Reset end-users' credentials
Before issuing a license, it might help to know how our data model is organized:
- A license can belong to an order. You can have 0 to many licenses for an order.
- An order can belong to a customer. You can have 0-to-many orders for a customer.
- A customer can belong to an account. You can have 0-to-many customers for an account.
A license will belong to an order. If you do not specify an orderID, a random orderID will be generated
If you do not specify an orderID, a random ID will be generated for you. Orders do not need to belong to customers. However, it can be useful to have this association for analytics, or for customer support, for example.
A license manager is a user that is assigned to an order who can then log in to the user portal. Depending on their permissions, they can perform various edits to the licenses within the order.
License managers log into the user portal.
They need to enter their email / password and the Company ID in order to Log in.
The user portal's URL can be customized to a vendor's subdomain, where then there is no need to enter company ID. Contact us for more information.
The company code can be found in the vendor platform under settings. The company code is also sent via email notification when a license manager is assigned to a license, provided an email notification was set up and configured for this purpose.
In the Vendor Platform, you can customize some parts of the user portal, such as:
- The color scheme and the logo
- Allowing end users may reset licenses in the user portal
- Allowing end users to reset licenses
- Displaying product download links
To customize the portal, log in to the Vendor Platform, and click on Settings > Portal configuration