Before creating a floating product feature, it is essential to set up the product here.
To create floating feature go to Product -> Features -> Add product feature [button]
- Check Is floating cloud checkbox
- Enter default value for Max simultaneous feature users ( In datamodel this is floating_users field determines how many users can use feature simultaneously)
- Enter default value for Floating timeout ( after how many minutes of inactivity will the license feature device be released
Max simultaneous feature usersand Floating timeoutfields are default values for Product features and they can be overwritten when creating License product feature
License product feature is created when issuing a license and attaching a feature to it.
This can be done programatically when creating order or edit license features using Management API or from inside the plaform on Issue licenses view inside Product features [tab]. Floating features will have an orange colored label floating
Here you can also overwrite default values for Max simultaneous license users and Floating timeout
To see the License product features details go to the License -> Product features [tab].
If a license feature is a floating feature, under Floating slots column you should see information how many floating slots are available and how many are used in a form of used_slots/max_slots ( eq. 1/5 one used slot of five available). Additional floating feature informations can be observed when expanding the row by clicking on a Details icon on that row. Fields displayed there will be:
- Is floating cloud
- Max simultaneous users
- Floating timeout
Devices column will display all the devices which were used to check the specific feature using the new License API endpoint /api/v4/check_license_feature.
Any license device can check any license feature, it does not have to be a floating feature. That way we can also display a clear connection between license devices and features which they use. It is not required for non-floating features.
Click on a Devices cell for some feature will open License feature devices pop-up with a list of all feature devices.
Floating feature devices will have additonal columns:
- In use - Boolean representing if this devices is using a floating feature slot
- Revoke - Action button which opens a confirmation window. On confirm that device will be released and the floating slot will be opened for another device. Only devices which are in use can be revoked using the UI.
Borrowing for license floating features is not implement at the moment.