Features allow you to turn on and off individual modules or components of your software product, as well as to meter their usage.
- Giving access to additional functionality within your software
- metering API usage for different types of requests
- Setting the number of reports that can be pulled from a database
We offer two type of license features:
- Activation Features are added or removed from a license, and can have an expiry date to them, but have no further functionality.
- Consumption Features can be added to or removed from a license and also can have an expiry date set. However, they are have a field to keep track of a few other values:
- Total consumptions: times this feature was used
- Max consumptions: the number of times the feature is allowed to be used
- Max overages: the number of times the feature is allowed to be used beyond the value set for Max Consumptions
You can select which features to add to a license at the moment of issuing them, or by editing an existing license. To change which features should be available for an existing license, navigate to the license details page, and click on "product features"
Make sure you first defined the product feature, otherwise you won't have anything to add to the license!
Click "Add product feature", and then select from the "remaining product features" dropdown which features to add to the license. If the feature is a consumption feature, you can also set values for Max consumption , Max overages , and Consumption period that is different from the default.
You can also add an expiry date when adding the feature to the license!
Click on the pencil on the right side of the row with the feature, and you will be able to set/remove an expiry date for that feature. The feature will be automatically removed from the license on the specified date at 00:00 UTC.
Click on the red trash icon on the right side of the screen to remove a feature from a license.