Online License Activation
Online license activations are done via the license API, and can be initialized through one of the SDKs that we maintain. For more information on license activation via one of the SDKs or via the license API, please review their respective articles in this documentation.
- A license must first be issued, and dispatched to the end user.
- The end-user will enter the license authorization mechanism (usually a license key or an email/password, but we also support activating licenses using single sign on) into their software application
- The Software will attempt to communicate with the LicenseSpring server. If this license is authorized and valid, the server will return the License information.
Generally speaking, the client application will need to send at a minimum the following information to the LicenseSpring server in order to activate a license:
- hardware_id: unique device, session, or environment identifier, usually computed by the SDK.
- product_code: This is a field that is set when initializing the product
- license authorization: Either a license key, or user credentials, depending on the authorization set on the product.