This document provides instructions for adding the LicenseSpring Android SDK to maven and gradle projects. Minimum Android version required is 8.1 (Orea - API level 27). The release notes provide information on the updates and changes made to the SDK in each version release.
To include the Android SDK in your maven project define a link to our repository and dependency like shown below.
If your are using gradle to build your projects, you can include the dependencies for LicenseSpring with the following snippet:
Minimum Android version for this SDK is 8.1 (Orea - API level 27)
Javadoc can be downloaded here:
- support 'YYYY-MM-DD' date time format in response
- fixed product details response
- fixed air gap license activation code
- fixed air gap license verify
- changed activateAirGapResponse method signature to be able to load policy file from res/raw folder
- fixed consumtion license check
- remove unused BouncyCastle provider in AirGappedService
- updated java sdk version in config for license tracking (showed up as 1.1.1 until now)
- removed BouncyCastle provider for AirGap - use default provider
see https://android-developers.googleblog.com/2018/03/cryptography-changes-in-android-p.html for more info about this change
- added support for multiple licences on the same device. Added the LicenseManagerFactory for creating multiple LicenseManager objects (one for each different license)
- added support for offline user-based licences
- added AirGappedService and LicenseSpringManager methods: getAirGapActivationCode, verifyAirGapConfirmationCode, activateAirGapResponse
- added reinitialize() method - for changing the configuration during runtime
- Added toggleable offlineMode - to change offline mode in runtime
- Exposed JsonSerialization class.
- Fixed bug with daysRemaining method on License. SUBSCRIPTION license returned max days, instead of CONSUMPTION type.
- Fixed issue with locale datetime support.
- Implemented periodic license check - can be enabled via configuration.
- Added request logging options, default is OFF/NONE.
- Refactored Offline license code from LicenseRepository into a separate class .
- LicenseRepository is now an interface SDK users can implement.
- Added an intitialize() method overload on LicenseSpringManager which accepts the LicenseRepository as the second parameter.
- Added the default implementation of LicenseRepository, no SDK users will not need to change their implementation, unless building a custom LicenseRepository.
Initial Release of the LicenseSpring Android SDK.