Creating & Configuring Products
A Product is a basic building block within the LicenseSpring universe. It typically represents your software application, but it can be many other things, such as controller, an operating system, a plugin etc.
You can define products, configure features and custom fields for products, create license policies for products, archive products, or reactivate an archived product.
Log in to the LicenseSpring Vendor Platform and click on Configure Products :
This takes you to the section that lists all of the products you have already defined in your account. From here, click on Add a new Product in the right corner:
Next, you will be asked to fill in some basic information about your product:
- Product Name: This must be a unique value
- Product Code: This must be a unique value and cannot be changed once a product is defined
- Authorization Method: Select whether you want to issue license keys, or assign users to licenses
- Floating Timeout: Optional configuration for the default "heartbeat" when you issue floating licenses
- Whether or not you allow Trial licenses to be issued
- Whether you want binaries and versions associated to a product
Once you are finished, click next to review the product information you entered, and then click "create product"
You will immediately be on the product detail page for your newly defined product.
You can now start issuing licenses for this newly defined product!
If you like to live dangerously, feel free to explore the use of product features, custom fields, product versions or defining license policies, all of which can be configured on the product details page.